Non-clinically trained personal:
- This training is aimed at nursing assistants, administrative personnel and clerks, who have no clinical qualification or equivalent clinical experience.
- They need to attend the Introduction to Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology Course unless they can provide proof of prior learnership.
Clinically trained personal:
- It is highly recommended that clinically trained personnel attend the Basic Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology Course as a refresher course.
- This is usually a 10 day full time course or 20 week part-time course and provides a basic knowledge and understanding of Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology.
- This course currently requires 200 hours of training which is divided into 80 hours facilitator based training (module based) and 120 hours of theory and summative assessment which is to be done at the learners own pace in his or her own time.
- An attendance certificate will be awarded for attendance of the Introduction to Basic Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology Course at the end of the training.
Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) to be completed and handed in is optional.
- A completion/competent certificate will be awarded on successful completion of all the assessments and once the learner has been deemed competent by the trainer/facilitator/assessor, for the Introduction to Basic Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology Course (Part of Higher Certificate: Diagnostic and Procedural Coding NLRD ID No. 66389).
- The course is presented in modules (outcomes based and NQF aligned) and either one or several modules will be covered during each of the facilitator based training sessions.
- Organization and General Plan of the Body
- The Tissues and Membranes
- The Skin and Integumentary System
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Senses
- The Endocrine System
- The Blood
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Lymphatic System
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Reproductive System
Prescribed study material
Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness (11th Edition onwards) (9th Edition available for download under Resources in the course)
Download Introduction to Basic Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology Course Enrolment Form (e-Learning) in PDF format.
Easy Anatomy and Physiology (Platinum Edition)
An Easy Guide to Learning the Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body on special for R150.00
High school reading level